I’ve always been a fries addict (and it seems Rainey, my darling best friends kelpie is also) so these sweet potato rosemary fries are a favourite side in our household. Super simple to make and quite a bit healthier than the deep fried chips from the corner store.
Sweet potatoes are a fabulous source of antioxidants including beta-carotenes, cyanidins and peonidins, which work to reduce premature ageing, heavy metals and disease. Anthocyanin found predominantly in purple sweet potatoes has been shown to reduce inflammation. The high content of vitamin A and C are fundamental for radiant skin, sharp eye sight and a strong immune system.
Sweet potatoes are incredibly diverse;
– Wash and chop without removing the skin and bake as sweet potato fries
– Steam and mash with a dollop of butter or coconut oil for a simple side dish
– Slice into a veggie lasagna
– Use in delicious chocolate brownies as a healthy alternative to flour
Cook a little extra and add to your lunch the next day.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 1 tbl spoon of olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- Turn oven on to 180 degrees
- Wash and chop sweet potato into chip size pieces
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Sprinkle rosemary and sea salt over the top
- Cook for 40minutes or until crispy