Chia seeds are nutritional powerhouses and are one of the most concentrated sources of omega-3 found in any food, even more so than salmon! Omega -3’s decrease inflammation and play a crucial role in brain function and health.
With nearly 11 grams of fiber per ounce, chia delivers 42% of your recommended daily value of fiber in a single serving. Fibre is essential for digestion, weight loss, balanced cholesterol levels and helps you feel fuller for longer.
Chia seeds contain protein and minerals including iron, magnesium, zinc and calcium so if you are a vegan or vegetarian these are especially great for you.
Prepare this pudding of an evening for a quick, easy and healthy breakfast, snack or dessert.
STRAWBERRY, ROSE & VANILLA CHIA PUDDING
INGREDIENTS – serves 1
– 1 tbsp. chia seeds
– 1/2 cup of your choice of mylk (I use almond or coconut)
– 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
– A dash of vanilla bean essence
– 3 organic strawberries
– Add all ingredients into a blender and whiz for 30 seconds or until combined
– Transfer into a glass or jar and place in the fridge
– Come back after 10 minutes and stir
– Leave for 2 hours or overnight until they have set
– Serve with added strawberries, a sprinkle or rose petals and coconut yoghurt
– Eat mindfully. x