My lovely friend Leonie is the real deal when it comes to sugar free living, her pancreas cannot process even the natural sugar alternatives such as date and rice syrup… No sweetener?!? What is lifeeeeeee ?!? Don’t worry, this doesn’t stop her from having dessert, chocolate, cake and other treats, as there are plenty of ways to cook without adding even the natural sweeteners.
It was Leonie’s Dads 60th birthday this week and she whipped up a raw mango macadamia cheesecake, I had to feature it as it looks so mouth-wateringly delicious and I think its the perfect recipe to try your hand at over the long weekend. I cannot wait to make it myself. Thanks so much Leonie xx
- 1 1/2 cups almonds (roasted or raw is fine)
- ½ cup goji berries (pre-soaked in water)
- ½ cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried coconut
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- tiny pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups soaked raw cashew nuts (can also use half cashews and half brazil nuts)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 mangoes chopped + 1 mango sliced for decoration
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: Macadamia nuts
- In a food processor, mix all the ingredients for the base until it forms a nice dough and is broken down to the texture you prefer (if you need it a little wetter you can add coconut oil or a nut butter)
- Press the dough evenly into the base of a spring form pan, I used a 10 inch. Set aside.
- In a high powered blender, process the cashews, coconut oil and cream, vanilla and chopped mango until it’s creamy.
- Pour the filling into the base, if you have the macadamia nuts, sprinkle them through the mixture
- Place it in the freezer to set, best over night.
- For decoration I used sliced mango, a little mound of macadamia’s in the middle and sprinkled some coconut flakes
- Let it soften a little bit before servings so it’s no rock hard frozen 😉
Have a relaxing, safe, and delicious Easter. xo