This hummus is the perfect addition for picnics, add it to your anti pas to plate, salad, or store it in the fridge for a quick snack. Dont be tempted by those store bought dips with loads of additives and hidden sugars, take 5 minutes to whip this up and devour the whole lot guilt free.
- 2 cans of organic chickpeas – drained
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of tahini paste
- 2 teaspoons of diced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- a pinch of salt to taste
- Drain chickpeas and add into food processor
- Add the tahini, cumin, garlic, salt, and olive oil
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon into the mixture
- Whiz on high until a smooth paste is formed
- Spoon into a bowl, top with a handful of full chickpeas, a dash of olive oil, and a sprinkle of cumin
- Serve with carrots, cucumber, celery, rice cakes, add it to your favourite salad, fish, or even with your breakfast eggs!
This will last in the fridge for up to a week in a sealed container.