My beautiful girlfriend & room mate was inspired by The Health Emporium to make these little balls of tropical bliss, so last night instead of doing uni work we ate about 12 of these and watched a movie. Sometimes you have to surrender to those relentless procrastination urges and just chill out, wake up early the next morning with a fresh mind and tackle the nasty assignments.
These bliss balls are raw, sugar, gluten, and dairy free, they make the perfect dessert or on the go snack.
- 1 cup of mango, if it isn’t in season you can use dried mango
- 1.5 cups of desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder or 1/2 tsp freshly grated turmeric
- A pinch of unrefined salt
- An extra 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut, for rolling
- Soak the dried mango in filtered water for about 30 minutes, then drain, if you have fresh mango you can go straight to step 2
- Place the mango, 1.5 cups of coconut, rice syrup, coconut oil, lime zest, turmeric and salt in a food processor and blend until the mixture comes together and is quite smooth
- Roll into small balls and gently toss in the extra dried coconut
- Place on a tray in the fridge to set, and then store in a sealed container in the refrigerator