Yes Yes Yes!!! It is a GREAT day when you can devour a whole batch of brownies and not feel one bit bad about it! Thanks to this completely guilt free recipe adapted from Natasha Corrett and Vicki Edgson’s ‘Honestly Healthy’ cookbook, sweet potato cacao brownies are at the top of my dessert list…. Yes I did just sneak the sweet potato bit in there…. this secret ingredient is what gives the sugar, gluten and dairy free brownies a soft centred texture.
Raw cacao is recognised as a superfood as it is incredibly rich in antioxidants and magnesium, it helps to reduce blood pressure in adults, decreases stress levels and boosts your mood – what more could you want? Remember Raw Cacao is different to cocoa.
- 3/4 generous cup of rice flour or flour of your choice
- 3/4 cup Ceremony Cacao
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 175g sweet potato, cooked and mashed to a puree
- 1/2 cup agave / date syrup / coconut sugar
- 175g goats butter / coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Sift the rice flour, cacao powder and baking powder into a bowl.
- Place the sweet potato puree, date/agave syrup, melted butter, egg and vanilla extract in another bowl and mix together well. Then stir in dry ingredients.
- Pour the brownie mixture into a rectangular cake tin lined with grease proof paper and bake for 20-25 minutes, until it is set on top but gooey in the middle.
- Cool in the cake tin, then cut into squares.
- Store in an air tight container if you haven’t eaten them all on the first day.