My two best friends refer to me as Guac queen as I used to make guacamole a few times a week for us to devour. I am a serious lover of avocado and garlic… ohh how I love this magical medicinal clove.
There are so many wonderful reasons as to why we should include avocado in our diets, here are a few of them:
– Avocados are an amazing source of ‘healthy fats’ that we need for optimal health
– The oils in avocados are amazing for your skin and hair, helping your skin to glow and hair to strengthen – also avocados can help with the skin disorder psoriasis (which causes irritated red skin)
– They are rich in antioxidants which slows the ageing process and helps boost immune system
– Avocados have anti-inflammatory properties and are rich in vitamin c & folate
– Avocados help to lower cholesterol levels.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 or 3 tsps of finely chopped garlic
- A quarter of a red onion
- Handful of chopped up cherry tomatoes
- Sprinkle of coriander
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 whole grain pitta bread
- Coconut oil
- Mixed herbs, paprika, garlic salt or sea salt & pepper
- Ripe avocado mashed in a medium bowl
- Add 2 or 3 tsps of finely chopped garlic
- Add a quarter of a red onion finely chopped and mix together
- Add a handful of chopped up cherry tomatoes
- Add a sprinkle of coriander
- Squeeze some lemon juice on top
- Finally sprinkle with salt and pepper!
- Now WAIT! instead of wrecking this healthy snack by eating a packet of Doritos with it, why not make your own chips at home!
- Whole grain pitta bread chopped up into triangles
- Drizzle coconut oil onto each triangle
- Sprinkle some mixed herbs, paprika, garlic salt or sea salt & pepper on top and put in the oven to grill
- In 5 minutes you will have crispy healthy chips without any saturated fats!
Complete guilt free delicious snack!