Ask me where to go for breakfast in Bondi and I will reply Porch and Parlour. You will sit a stones throw from the water, be looked after by lovely staff and enjoy a spot on menu; healthy, simple, seasonal and super tasty.
My go to brekki is always the pea pancake, so P&P are to thank for this mornings inspiration. Green peas are vitamin, nutrient and phytonutrient rich providing antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties.
This recipe has an even balance of vegetables, carbohydrates and protein, leaving you satiated until lunch time. True to their style it requires few ingredients and is incredibly easy to whip up.
Additional toppings that go nicely include poached eggs, smoked salmon and tomato relish.
- 500 g peas
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 handful mint, flat-leaf parsley and coriander
- 50 g danish feta
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 tbl spoon sauerkraut
- Blanch peas for 10 seconds in boiling water, strain and cool.
- In a food processor add blanched peas, diced red onion, buckwheat flour and 2 eggs. Pulse the food processor until half the peas are blended. Season as necessary.
- In a hot non stick pan add coconut oil and fry about 1 cup of pea mix until golden brown. Flip over and repeat on the other side.
- Place cooked pea pancake on a plate and garnish with fresh herbs, feta and avocado