I am loving these ginger, spiced baked pears with turmeric porridge, almond butter and coconut yoghurt for breakfast now that it is cold. The spices used are circulatory stimulants, which support blood flow, are anti-inflammatory and help balance blood glucose levels, so you are fuller for longer.
– 4 ripe pears, cut in half
– 1 cup of water
– 1/4 tsp. cardamom
– 2 tsp. cinnamon
– 2cm x 2cm knob of fresh ginger, grated
– 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
– Add halved pears into a baking dish
– Add water into baking dish
– Sprinkle spices and ginger over pears
– Drizzle vanilla extract over pears
– Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the pears are soft
– Serve warm with coconut yoghurt or on your morning porridge
Keep in the fridge in a sealed container for up to one week.