Ideal for breakfast, afternoon tea, or a quick snack on the go – these gluten, dairy, and refined sugar free muffins are the perfect treat to bake for the week ahead.
Coconut, Banana Muffins.
Makes 16 muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup of milk of your choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups gluten free flour of your choice
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- Can also add walnuts, choc chips, and seeds if you wish.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees celsius and grease a 16 capacity muffin tray.
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, vanilla essence, milk and apple sauce, and mix together.
- In another large bowl add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and coconut and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients with the wet ones and spoon fold until mixed thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into the muffin tray.
- Bake for half an hour or until a tooth pick in centre comes out clean.
- Enjoy with coconut oil and fresh banana, nut butters, more shredded coconut, or butter.
<3 The Body Bible. x
source – theliveinkitchen.com