Curb your chocolate craving with one of the easiest desserts i’ve ever whipped up.
This choc mint slice is refined sugar, gluten and dairy free and will keep in the freezer for weeks.
Healthy fats help keep you fuller for longer, balance blood sugar levels and support skin and heart health. Cacao is one of Mother Natures best super foods; rich in antioxidants, minerals including magnesium, calcium and iron, and neurotransmitters including serotonin, dopamine and tryptophan which support feelings of happiness and wellbeing.
Remember that cacao is very different to cocoa (which is found in most chocolate) and does not possess any of the above nutritional benefits, so read labels carefully and whenever possible have fun in the kitchen making your own chocolate treats 🙂
- 1 cup of cacao
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 drops of edible peppermint essential oil or essence
- 1/2 tbsp of raw honey
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- 1 1/4 cup of almonds
- 1/4 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- In a food processor add 1 tbsp of coconut oil, tahini, 1 cup of almonds, sunflower seeds and coconut
- Blend until well combined – the mixture should be sticky, not too runny and not too dry
- Roughly chop 1/4 cup of almonds and stir through base mixture
- Line a tray with baking paper and spoon base mixture in, patting down until smooth
- Melt the remaining 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- In a separate bowl add cacao, honey, peppermint and melted coconut oil – stir until well combined
- Pour chocolate topping over the base and spread out till smooth
- Place the tin in the freezer for 20 minutes or until the chocolate is set
- Cut the slice into bite size pieces and leave in the freezer until desired