This super simple recipe is a healthy spin on Reeses peanut butter cups, created with only 4 ingredients, all of which possess abundant health benefits.
Coconut oil is a rich antioxidant, peanut butter provides a good source of protein and ‘healthy’ monounsaturated fat, while Ceremony powder provides you with essential minerals, supports a happy, balanced mood, increases stamina and stabilises blood glucose levels.
Unfortunately many varieties of store bought chocolates are loaded with refined sugar and hydrogenated fats, which our bodies do not recognise and therefore cannot utilise for essential processes. These ingredients are harmful to our health.
When you make your own treats you know exactly what is in there and can enjoy them guilt free – the way food should be eaten.
Ceremony peanut butter cups
Makes: 10 cups
Time: 40 minutes
– 3 tbsp. of Ceremony Classic Cacao
– 3 heaped tbsp. of organic coconut oil
– 2 tbsp. of organic peanut butter (read the label and look for 100% crushed peanuts)
– A few pinches of celtic sea salt
– Chocolate mould, small ice cube tray or tiny cup cake cases
- Bring a small amount of water to boil on the stove, on top place a heatproof bowl and add 2 tbsp. of coconut oil, allow to melt
- Add 2 tbsp. of Ceremony Classic Cacao into the bowl and stir together until combined
- Take off heat and spoon mixture into chocolate mould/small ice cube tray/tiny cup cake cases until each is half full
- Place in the freezer and let stand for 15 minutes
- Remove from the freezer and add a dollop of peanut butter on top of each chocolate base
- Repeat step 1, this time adding only 1 tbsp of Ceremony and 1 tbsp of coconut oil to the bowl, stir until combined
- Pour the chocolate mixture on top until the peanut butter layer is covered
- Sprinkle a pinch of celtic sea salt on each peanut butter cup
- Place back in the freezer for 20 minutes or until set
- Allow 5 minutes for them to melt just a little before eating
Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to two weeks