Gluten, refined sugar and dairy free, this delicious banana bread is perfect for breakfast, morning or afternoon tea or dessert.
Banana & Walnut Bread.
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed well
- 3 eggs, or for vegan option 3 tablespoons of of chia seeds mixed with 6 tablespoons of water stirred well
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius and line loaf pan
- Beat together the oil and rice malt syrup
- Add eggs/chia
- Stir in mashed banana
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture
- Fold in the walnuts
- Pour batter into lined tin
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out of the centre clean
- Serve with a spread of coconut oil or butter.
Enjoy! I know we did. x